The Art of Slow Comedy Level 1 – (FUN)damentals
Instructor: Jimmy Carrane
The Art of Slow Comedy is a fresh approach to scenic improvisation, based on the idea that before you can be funny, you need to be real. In this first level of Jimmy Carrane’s unique method, you will learn that you don’t have to invent something to be funny; audiences respond to real life situations and performers who are brave enough to be honest. This class is appropriate for those new to improv and seasoned improvisers looking for a new approach.
In this six-week class, you will learn how to:
- Respond emotionally to your scene partner
- Use the environment and object work to make powerful scenes
- Be authentic and vulnerable on stage
- Improvise with all of your emotions, including anger
- Develop your unique comedic voice
- Play the reality of the scene
- Perform both group and two-person scenes
Class limited to 14 people. $289 (Only $259 if you register by June 28). Register at jimmycarrane.com.
Wednesdays (7/12 – 8/16), 6:30pm-8:30pm