The Art of Slow Comedy Level 2
Instructor: Jimmy Carrane
In the second level of Jimmy’s class, you will use the slow and patient style of The Art of Slow Comedy to create two-person scenes that are easy, effortless and memorable. Discover a new approach to improv that will make it as easy as having a conversation. Jimmy’s gentle approach strips away the pressure to be funny so you can create believable dialogue.
You will learn to trust your instincts, and know that everything you need for a great scene is off your partner. And you’ll get direct feedback from Jimmy on your strengths and weaknesses, which will help seasoned improvisers with their long form and will help actors be more spontaneous with a script and in auditions.
. In this class, you’ll work on:
- How to create organic two-person scenes by listening and building off the last the words spoken
- Making the “game in the scene” simple
- Creating strong, believable characters with comedic points of view
- Starting your scene in the middle
- Stopping being so polite on stage
- Going to the dark side
- Heightening through emotion and/or premise
It is not required to have taken Level 1 in order to have taken this class, but instructor approval is required. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Class limited to 14 people. $289 (Only $259 if you register by Feb. 14). Register at jimmycarrane.com.
Wednesdays (2/28 – 4/4), 6:30pm-8:30pm