The Art of Slow Comedy Level 2 – The Guts
Instructor: Jimmy Carrane
In the second level of The Art of Slow Comedy improv class, you will work on creating successful and memorable two-person scenes. You will learn to trust your instincts, and know that everything you need for a great scene is off your partner. And you’ll get direct feedback from Jimmy on your strengths and weaknesses to hone your skills as an improviser.
In this six-week class, you will learn how to:
- How to create organic two-person scenes by listening and building off the last the words spoken
- Making the “game in the scene” simple
- Creating strong, believable characters with comedic points of view
- Starting your scene in the middle
- Stopping being so polite on stage
- Going to the dark side
- Heightening through emotion and/or premise
Class limited to 14 people. $289 (Only $259 if you register by March 22). Register at jimmycarrane.com.
Wednesdays (4/5 – 5/10), 6:30pm-8:30pm